Tuesday 6 March 2012

D is for Diorama

I love dioramas...little worlds unto themselves. I would like to make one myself, just deciding on the what and how. In the meanwhile, here are a few of my favourites that I have come across in my search for inspriration.
Local Hastings artisit Kate Isles - This is a Tree...with lovely fairy lights.



Anastassia Elais creates a world inside a toilet rolls





Hastings artist Len Shelley uses found objects from the beach, streets and fields. 


Can You Remember My Dream was created by Canadian artist Julia Hepburn. A series of lanterns not only provide a warm glow, they contain beautifully intricate dioramas that tell the stories of the sleeper’s dream.




Evel Knievel rides the Mighty Eel by Peter Quinnell

It Was Our Worst Holiday Ever by Peter Quinnell

No comments:

Post a Comment